Sunday, January 2, 2011

My 2011 Goals

I'm not a big fan of New Years Resolutions. Generally speaking, they seem kinda lame and only fueled by the year change and not a personal change... at least that's what I've experienced. This leaves me with a desire to make some changes for the next year without wanting to "declare my resolutions". I do enjoy reflecting on the previous years experiences and trying to think of areas I can make changes that would help me grow in my walk with the Lord and better me as a person. Some of them are shallow and more like bad habits I need to break. Others are deeper, more fundamental areas I need to improve upon. All this being said- Here are some things I've decided I need to implement into my life (not just because it's a new year but because it's always good to be looking for ways to improve yourself.) These are in no specific order.

1. Spend more time in the Word, make quiet time a priority. Read and apply.

2. Get on a daily schedule. Make good use of the day and take joy in the job God has called me to.

3. Take better care of myself physically, get healthy.

I'm sure there are more to come later. This is a good start for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment